Saturday, October 13, 2012

Welcome to Brian Gerwels Carpet Cleaning

I want to take a moment and in this first blog post to introduce myself. My name is Brian Gerwels and I live in Elkhart, IN. I've been thinking about starting a carpet cleaning business for some time. This past summer I got serious about it and started researching. As I was researching this business, I met some other carpet cleaners online. I asked some questions about starting the business, and two of them jumped at the opportunity to invite me to ride along with them and learn what they do: Ross from Accuclean and Torrey from Flooring Expressions. So In June of 2012, I took some time off of work and my wife and I drove down to Indianapolis so that I could learn to clean carpets. I was a bit nervous about meeting two strangers, but I soon discovered these are really top notch guys. They invited me, a total stranger, to ride along with them and learn their trade. They didn't ask for a single dime in return. Torrey even bought me lunch the first day. Here's a video of taken during my training of me using the Rotovac for the first time:





All I can say is wow! What an experience! When I was done, my head was spinning with information. Not just information about carpet cleaning, but the different aspects of the business as well. What kind of equipment should I buy? Am I really ready to do this? Hopes, dreams, fears, and carpet cleaning were all swirling though my mind.
I decided to take the plunge. I ordered the equipment and after doing some practice on my house and a friend's house, I cleaned for my first customer on August 11, 2012.
I'm incredibly blessed by the people God has placed in my life that has allowed me to start this business. First of all, my loving wife Theresa, who has been incredibly supportive in encouraging me to do this. Second, Torrey and Ross for their selfless invitation to teach me about carpet cleaning. I'm also thankful to the customers who have been willing to support a small local business.
I hope this blog will provide me the opportunity to tell you about myself, provide updates about the business, and allow me to share carpet cleaning tips.

10 comments:

  1. This was a good suggestion that you put up here...dude…..hope that it benefits all the ones who land up here. 

    Edmonton Carpet Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about carpet cleaning in your area. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about carpet cleaning. Keep it up! This is a good read. You have such an interesting and informative page.

    Commercial Carpet Cleaning Gold Coast

    Bond Cleaners Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about carpet cleaning in your area. I'm glad to stop by your site and know more about carpet cleaning. This is a good read. Keep it up!
    Carpet rods, rattan rugbeaters, and carpet-beating machines for beating out dust, and also brooms, brushes, dustpans, and shaking and hanging were all carpet-cleaning methods of the 19th century; brooms particularly carry risks of wear. Steam Cleaning increases the lifespan of your carpet.
    Bottom line? We do whatever it takes to get your building or office cleaning done right, on your time and the way you want it.

    commercial carpet cleaning cape cod

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own a small business for several years now, and I think this can really help improve my company and expand for the next year.

    tru blue carpet cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your contents give me more creational ideas that I can possibly use on my web page too. boise carpet cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about carpet cleaning in your area. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about carpet cleaning. Keep it up! This is a good read. You have such an interesting and informative page.

    Carpet Cleaning Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be flattened if all websites gave articles like that.
    carpet cleaning north shore

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for posting this blog. its really very helpful and informative for us. House Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really interesting post...these info enhance my knowledge related to carpet cleaner....keep it up.!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For effective carpet cleaning, follow these general rules below for dealing with spillages.
    azcarpetandtileinstallation.com

    ReplyDelete